3rd International Competition for the conception and realization of a puppet / animated object / theatrical form entitled “Animatus”
1. These Regulations, (hereinafter referred to as “Regulations”), determine the rules, scope and conditions of participation in the 3rd International Competition for the Concept and realization of a puppet/ Animated Object / Theater Form entitled “Animatus” (hereinafter referred to as “the Competition”).
2.The aim of the Competition is to discover new puppet forms, in particular using new materials and new technologies.
3. The organizer of the Competition is Theater of Puppet and Actor “Kubuś” (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”) with its registered office at ul. Large 9, 25 – 304 Kielce, NIP: 657-02-34-815. Contact person: Karolina Gregorczyk, tel. 698859302, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The competition is co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. Competition is not run for profit.
PARTICIPANTS OF THE COMPETITION
1. Participants of the Competition may be adults (the participant is not required to graduate or study at an artistic university) who during the Competition will perform a Competition Task and meet other conditions described in the Regulations.
2. In justified cases, it is allowed to submit one work carried out by the team, consisting of maximum of two authors (Participants).
1. The Competition Task consists in designing an innovative theatrical form, a theater figure/ puppet/ animated object containing.
2. The conditions of participation sending an email to email@example.com containing:
a) the original design of a puppet / animated object / theater form in PDF or JPG format (it can be a drawing / scan / visualization / photo / graphic design), in size not bigger than 100 MB (the file should be readable after opening). The design should be sent by the www.wetransfer.com website.
b) correctly completed Application Form
3. Incomplete applications sent after the end of the Competition or failing to meet other requirements stated in the Competition Rules will not take part in the Competition
4. Each Participant of the Competition can make maximum 1 entry to participate in the Competition.
5. Only projects that have not participated in other competitions and have not been previously performed by the authors can be submitted to the Competition.
TIMETABLE OF THE COMPETITION “ANIMATUS”
1. The competition “Animatus” takes place on the July 24, 2020 to final of the competition (November/December 2020).
2. The competition consists of two stages:
a) Entries to the Competition in the first stage should be sent from July 24, 2020 to 25 September, 2020.
b) The decision of the Competition and selecting winners will take place until 30th of September 2020.
c) The second stage of the competition consists in presenting the works of the Competition Committee until October 10 (the organizer accepts the possibility of meeting online)
d) The decision of the second stage and the appointment of three Laureates will take place by October 16, 2020.
e) Three Laureates on the day of the final of the Competition will present their own theatrical forms in the form of etudes to the public and on the Internet.
COMPETITION COMMISSION, RULES OF RECRUITMENT
1. The Competition Commission chosen by the Organizer will supervise the proper course of the Competition.
2. The Competition Commission in selecting the best projects will primarily take into account:
a) form original;
b) application of modern materials and new technologies in creating the theatre form;
c) the cost of materials needed to produce a theatrical form (can not exceed 700 euros).
3. The Competition Commission, after discussions with selected Competition Participants, selects three Laureates of the Competition.
4. The decision of the Competition Commission is final and unquestionable.
LAUREATS OF THE COMPETITION
6. The Laureates of the Competition are obliged to:
a) the construction of a puppet / animated object / theater form according to the project presented and accepted by the Organizer at the Puppet and Actor Theater “Kubuś” in Kielce in the period: October – November 2020.
b) preparation independently or in a collaboration with actors from the Theater of Puppet and Actor “Kubuś” an etude presenting a ready puppet / animated object /theatre form
c) A minimum of one presentation of a created puppet / animated object / theater form and consent to record and publish the presentation on the Internet for an indefinite period.
1. The organizer guarantees three Laureates of the Competition:
a) equivalent awards worth 1,000 euros (in words: one thousand) after the realization of the work mentioned in § 6 section 1 of Regulations. In the case of two authors of one work, the amount will be divided among the members,
b) free materials for building a puppet/ animated object / theater form, after prior agreement with the artist and approval during individual conversations
c) technical assistance in the form of qualified employees of the puppetry workshops of the Puppet and Actor Theater “Kubuś” in Kielce, the Toy and Fun Museum in Kielce and the Design Institute in Kielce,
d) consultations with selected by the Organizer scenographers and puppeteers,
e) accommodation and meals for the duration of the project in Kielce.
1. The Organizer and Participant of the Competition agree that the design of a puppet / animated object / theater form, and work based on this project are a creative activity within the meaning of art. 1 point 1 of the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws of 2006 No. 90, item 631, as amended).
2. The Contest Participant declares that the work listed in §8 paragraph 1 of the Regulations is his exclusive property and is not encumbered with the rights of third parties. Participant of the Competition assumes full responsibility for any claims made by third parties in connection with the use of the work by the Ordering Party.
3. By declaring his participation in the Competition, the Contest Participant declares that he is not a member of any collective copyright management organization and has not entered into any contract with any similar organization under which the organization could acquire copyrights to the posted work mentioned in §8 paragraph 1 of the Regulations or otherwise obtain the right to manage these rights.
4. The Participant of the Competition grants the Organizer a non-exclusive license to the developed project specified in §8 section 1 of the Regulations and (in case of winning the Competition) to the exclusive license of the work of the project specified in §8 section 1.
5. The Competition Participant authorizes the Organizer to use the creative activities listed in §8 section 1 of the Regulations in the following fields of use:
a) on the Internet, in such a way that everyone can have free access to the work in a place and time chosen by them for the period from the day of premiere for an indefinite time;
b) exclusive use and use in advertising materials (including ATL, BTL and others);
c) recording and reproduction in advertising materials by any graphic techniques;
d) public display at all open and closed events, including exhibitions;
e) putting into the computer’s memory and placing on the Internet, public displaying;
f) creation and distribution of dependent works;
g) inclusion of the work as an element of other works.
5. In the event of the occurrence of exploitation in unknown circumstances at the time of the conclusion of the contract, the Organizer will contact the Competition Participant in writing to transfer the right to use the work in the new field of exploitation.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPETITION
1.Information about the Competition as well as these Competition Regulations are available for inspection at the Organizer’s office, as well as on the website at www.animatuscontest.pl
2. During the Competition, the website www.animatuscontest.pl may display current information and reports on the course of the Competition.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
1. The Administrator of the Participants’ data is the Organizer, the data will be processed in order to realize the Competition. Participants have the right to inspect their data and correct it. Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in the Competition.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to share and process information that is the subject of the Competition and to publicize information about the victor of the Competition. Competition Participant agrees for the above.
1. Joining the Competition is tantamount to accepting the terms and conditions of the Competition Regulations.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to change these Regulations and / or their terms. However, the changes will work for the future and will not violate the acquired rights.
3. In all matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
Director of the Puppet and Actor
Theater “Kubuś” in Kielce